BC Family Day Activity Grants
BC celebrated Family Day Weekend Friday, February 18 – Monday, February 21, 2022!
2022 Family Day Grants have been awarded.
BC Family Day Grant Program Guidelines 2022
BC celebrates Family Day on February 21, 2022!
Family Day was introduced in BC in 2013 to recognize the great contributions that families make to our lives, our communities and our province. Supporting families is essential to building strong, happy, and healthy communities. In celebration of this important day, special activities in communities around the province are being held for families to enjoy, both in person and digitally, throughout the Family Day weekend.
The Province of British Columbia is partnering with BCMA for the fourth consecutive year, to provide one-time grants to support local museums, art galleries, cultural institutions and First Nations communities in coordinating family-based, admission-free community activities. BCMA will ensure that families throughout British Columbia will have the opportunity to enjoy a range of cultural activities, both in person and online, free of charge.
Grants up to a maximum of $1,250 are available to eligible organizations to cover a portion of the costs associated with delivering a free community Family Day activity. Eligible costs include but are not limited to: facility costs, hiring artists, COVID-19 safety, equipment rentals, etc.
Grants up to a maximum of $1,000 are available to eligible organizations to cover a portion of the costs associated with delivering a free virtual Family Day activity. Eligible costs include but are not limited to: materials, hiring artists, software subscriptions, equipment rentals, marketing, etc.
Family Day Activity Grant Criteria:
In order to qualify for a grant, you must meet the following criteria:
- Your organization must be a current BC Museums Association Member. For information about our membership program, please visit our website. [NOTE: First Nations groups and Indigenous Cultural Centres are encouraged to apply. If obtaining a BCMA membership is a barrier to your organization, the BCMA may waive this part of the criteria. Please get in touch if this is a concern: email@example.com.]
- Any proposed in-person activities must take place within the applicant’s community.
- All proposed activities must take place during BC Family Day long weekend (i.e., February 18, 19, 20, 21, 2022).
- Your proposed Family Day activity must be free and accessible to everyone and all ages.
- There must be no financial requirements of the general public to participate.
- Your proposed Family Day activity must be family-oriented.
- Your proposed Family Day activity must be designated and “branded” as a BC Family Day activity.
- Any proposed in-person Family Day activities must adhere to current Provincial Health Orders and safety measures being taken must be demonstrated in the application. BCMA provides guidelines for the safe operations of cultural sites during COVID-19. Family Day 2022 recipients will be notified as these guidelines are updated to adhere to Provincial Health Orders. If you have any questions about the guidelines, please contact BCMA at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Other important things to know:
- We will only award one grant per activity location.
- The grant is intended to cover a portion of the activities’ costs.
- Grant awards are up to $1,000 for virtual activities and up to $1,250 for in-person activities to account for the increased health and safety costs.
- Awards will be based on projected impact of your activity in your community and your organization’s need.
- Grant awards will prioritize that a diversity of regions and institutions are represented in the final recipient list.
- The goal of this program is to distribute funds to as many communities as possible to help BC families gain access to our wonderful arts and cultural heritage institutions on BC Family Day 2022.
- You must acknowledge the financial support of the Provincial Government in any activity promotional material with the language: “This activity is supported by the Province of British Columbia.”
- Your approved activity will be posted on the BCMA Family Day Community Activity Listing page.
- You will be required to submit a brief post-activity report by March 4, 2022
NOTE: Should any approved in-person activities be unable to proceed due to Provincial Health Orders or other circumstances, the recipient will be encouraged to shift to an online activity, if possible. No additional application process will be required.
Grant Application Deadline: 4:30 pm PST on February 4, 2022.
Information about Vaccine Passports
We gratefully acknowledge the financial support of the Province of British Columbia and the Government of Canada.