The GLAM (Galleries, Libraries, Archives, & Museums) Sector Partnership brings together the BCMA, the BC Libraries Association (BCLA), and the Archives Association of BC (AABC) to share professional expertise, explore collaborative projects, and advocate in support of the sector.
The GLAM Sector partnership is based on a first-of-its-kind Memorandum of Understanding signed between the BC Museums Association, BC Library Association, and Archives Association of BC on March 24, 2017.
This agreement marks the historic convergence of three important organizations and signals their joint commitment to build a vibrant, collaborative, and innovative future for the sector. The GLAM partnership introduces distinct memberships to each other and offers the opportunity to explore and mount joint initiatives, programming, and advocacy. Working collaboratively means we are stronger advocates and educators for the communities we serve.
As professional associations, BCMA, BCLA, and AABC agree to and uphold the following values which are foundational to both our membership and our partnership:
- Intellectual and ethical integrity
- Equal rights and dignity of all persons
- Freedom of speech and freedom of inquiry
- Respect and recognition of Indigenous peoples and cultures
- Commitment to using our shared capacity for research and education for the betterment of BC communities.
BCMA, BCLA, and AABC will encourage member participation in activities that will enhance learning opportunities and knowledge transfer among professionals and institutions. All Partners will work towards the following objectives:
- Share professional expertise and knowledge to strengthen the capacity of all parties to advance their respective missions
- Explore collaborative research projects to expand learning opportunities among the three Associations
- Explore public outreach opportunities to spark community engagement with knowledge and ideas
- Identify joint funding ventures for projects of mutual interest and benefit in the areas of knowledge curation and public education
- Identify opportunities for new membership categories within our Associations to welcome allied professionals
- Provide member rates at BCMA, BCLA, and AABC conferences
- Consider new awards to acknowledge and celebrate exceptional professionals and projects in our fields of expertise