MuseNews Episode 3: Pork Chop Portrait
Welcome to MuseNews, the BCMA’s monthly museum sector news podcast. Each month we recap some of the latest news, happenings, and announcements from museums, galleries, and heritage organizations across BC and beyond. Join Ryan and Lorenda as we explore the latest MuseNews!
- Alberni Valley Museum re-opens with new exhibit on Chief Dan George
- Audain Prize goes to 12 artist-run centres in B.C. in response to pandemic
- Which US museums will show John Oliver’s rat erotica and Wendy Williams pork chop portrait?
- Art Gallery of Alberta confronts history of never including Black artists in Biennial exhibition
- Museums among the worst hit in cultural sector, research finds
- Vancouver’s oldest koi, survivor of otter attacks relocated from Sun Yat-Sen Chinese Garden
- Okanagan man finds fame in retirement with model railway 50 years in the making
- Richmond Museum re-opens its doors after pandemic shutdown
- BC Museums Association Celebrates the Creativity AND Resilience
of the Arts, Culture, AND Heritage Sector
- UBC Museum of Anthropology exhibit aims to ‘correct’ colonial legacy