MuseNews Ep. 35: Year End Favourites
Welcome to MuseNews, the BCMA’s monthly museum sector news podcast. Each month we recap some of the latest news, happenings, and announcements from museums, galleries, and heritage organizations across BC and beyond. Join Leia, Ryan, Lorenda and special guest Santa as we explore our favourite MuseNews!
In this final MuseNews of 2023, each of our hosts picked their favourite stories to reshare. Thank you to our listeners for another wonderful year of news. Happy New Year!
Stories we replayed this month:
- ‘Honoured properly’: Protocols put in place for Indigenous exhibit at Vancouver’s Science World
- Nuxalk Nation celebrates return of totem pole from Royal B.C. Museum
- A sawmill storage house in southeast B.C. was home to North America’s first gurdwara, researcher says
- Rare blankets made from fur of extinct woolly dog on display at North Vancouver museum
- New Paldi museum celebrates Punjabi Sikh history – Victoria Times Colonist
- This jellyfish was the terror of the sea 500 million years ago
- World-renowned artists open new gallery in small community of Enderby, B.C
- B.C.’s new fossil emblem an 80-million-year-old marine reptile called elasmosaur – Burnaby Now
- A special story from Santa: B.C baker, museum team up for fundraiser selling cookies made from early 20th-century recipes