BCMA Conference Bursaries
The BCMA is pleased to provide a limited number of bursaries for BCMA annual conference delegates.
Applications be accepted until September 19, 2022. All applicants will be notified when the applications have been reviewed. Decisions will be communicated on or before September 30, 2022.
The BCMA has a limited amount of funds available for the annual bursary support. We encourage you to check out CMA’s bursary program. Apply by September 21, 2022 to receive support for our November Conference! Learn more here: https://museums.ca/site/bursariesandawards
The following individuals are highly encouraged to apply:
- Students interested in the museum sector
- IBPOC culture and heritage professionals
- Unemployed/underemployed culture and heritage professionals
- Emerging professionals who have worked in the museum sector for less than five (5) years
Applicant should be a BCMA member OR be employed by or volunteer for a BCMA member institution
If this is a barrier to you or if you have questions about your eligibility, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Other Conference Financial Assistance
BC Arts Council Professional Development Grants
The Professional Development Project Assistance program assists professional artists and arts administrators
1) to take advantage of opportunities which require travel; or
2) to undertake specific learning activities to advance their practice or career. The program assists those who demonstrate a high degree of critical self-reflection and link activities to the next stage of their professional development.
Canadian Museums Association Bursaries
The CMA offers three types of bursaries to assist museum professionals:
- Conference Professional Development
- Emerging Professional Development
- Mid-Career Professional Development
Canada Council for the Arts Professional Development Grants
Support for professional development activities and career advancement, including but not limited to:
- specialized training