BCMA Conference Travel Bursaries
The BCMA is pleased to provide a limited number of bursaries for BCMA annual conference delegates.
2023 Gathering Travel Bursaries
The July/August intake for 2023 Gathering Travel Bursaries is now open.
The BCMA has a limited amount of funds available for annual bursary support. We encourage you to check out CMA’s bursary program. The deadline to apply is one (1) week prior to the commencement of the event. Learn more here: https://museums.ca/site/bursaries/conference.
IMPORTANT NOTE: We encourage travel bursary applicants to not delay in registering as a delegate for the 2023 Gathering. Registration will be fully refundable until August 31, 2023. Ensure your place at the gathering by registering as soon as possible. Register here
The BCMA is grateful to the TELUS Friendly Future Foundation for their generous contribution to this year’s travel supports for emerging professionals to attend the gathering in Haida Gwaii.
Please complete this form to apply for a 2023 Travel Bursary to receive financial support to attend our Gathering in Haida Gwaii taking place September 25-28, 2023.
This is a low-barrier application process. The form will request information such as:
- Contact information
- Optional self-identification as a priority recipient (i.e. under/unemployed, BIPOC, emerging professionals)
- A brief explanation for how attending the gathering will support your studies or work.
- Budget (requested amount and estimated expenses).
If you have any questions about the information being requested, please reach out to us at email@example.com.
The deadline to apply is August 6, 2023. Bursaries will be adjudicated and funds will be distributed by August 18, 2023.
Eligible expenses may include but are not limited to:
- Air travel
- Ferry travel
- Local transportation
The following individuals are encouraged to apply:
- IBPOC culture and heritage professionals
- Unemployed/underemployed culture and heritage professionals
- Students interested in the museum sector
- Emerging professionals who have worked in the museum sector for less than five (5) years
Applicant should be a BCMA member OR be employed by or volunteer for a BCMA member institution
If this is a barrier to you or if you have questions about your eligibility, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Other Conference Financial Assistance
Canadian Museums Association Bursaries
The CMA offers three types of bursaries to assist museum professionals:
- Conference Professional Development
- Emerging Professional Development
- Mid-Career Professional Development
Canada Council for the Arts Professional Development Grants
Support for professional development activities and career advancement, including but not limited to:
- specialized training