BCMA Conference Travel Bursaries
The BCMA is pleased to provide a limited number of bursaries for BCMA annual conference delegates.
2023 Gathering Travel Bursaries
Please complete the following form to apply for a 2023 Travel Bursary to receive financial support to attend our Gathering in Haida Gwaii taking place September 25-28, 2023.
The deadline to apply is June 30, 2023.
The BCMA has a limited amount of funds available for annual bursary support. We encourage you to check out CMA’s bursary program. The deadline to apply is one (1) week prior to the commencement of the event. Learn more here: https://museums.ca/site/bursaries/conference.
The following individuals are encouraged to apply:
- IBPOC culture and heritage professionals
- Unemployed/underemployed culture and heritage professionals
- Students interested in the museum sector
- Emerging professionals who have worked in the museum sector for less than five (5) years
Applicant should be a BCMA member OR be employed by or volunteer for a BCMA member institution
If this is a barrier to you or if you have questions about your eligibility, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Other Conference Financial Assistance
Canadian Museums Association Bursaries
The CMA offers three types of bursaries to assist museum professionals:
- Conference Professional Development
- Emerging Professional Development
- Mid-Career Professional Development
Canada Council for the Arts Professional Development Grants
Support for professional development activities and career advancement, including but not limited to:
- specialized training